Kaprün Ski Trip

Even before we got to Kaprün I was busy taking pictures!
And with good results!
Catherine on the way to Kaprün
Downtown Kaprün
The IES Vienna program offers a ski trip around the time of U.S. Thanksgiving to the small town of Kaprün, which has a corresponding ski area based on the glacier Kitzsteinhorn. After taking the bus out to this area, we ended up in a lodge with good food and nice, warm, sizable beds. It was quite exciting to have the opportunity to go skiing in the Alps in Europe, even if it was too early for there to be good snow or terrain open off the glacier. We were quite excited when renting equipment, though I had brought some things like my helmet and gloves that I was certain would be hard to find as rentals. The skis were nothing special, of course, but they did a fine job.


The rest was just days of skiing! It was fun to finally see Catherine ski, to coach her a little bit, and (!) to show off a little bit. We tried to pick hills that were good for both of us, though, and traded off skiing down first for a bit and then stopping. There isn't much more to say about this, other than that it was a really fun time and reminded me that, while I may not live somewhere I can ski so easily at this point, I need to remember to keep it a part of my life and, hopefully, a part of future relationships. I will post the remainder of the important photos below. It was definitely a fun trip, and I hope that the next time I ski in Europe, perhaps I can graduate to some of the bigger Alps and actually make the trip during ideal ski season months!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Days in London (For Now!) (Pt. 3)

My Last Days in London (For Now!) (Pt. 1)

A Summation